two/too/to

two/too/to

two too to
What is the difference between two, too, and to ?

Two is the number. Too is an adverb meaning “also” or “very.” Use to before a verb or as a preposition.
  • Meg had to go to town, too. 
  • We had too much reading to do. 
  • Two chapters is too many.
Extra Examples:
  • They had two adopted children already.
  • Two children, brother and sister, were on their way to school.
  • I worked with him for two years before I discovered who he really was.
  • So she called her two sons.
  • He doesn't need two nannies does he?

  • I'm too warm in this one.
  • It's not too late to change your mind.
  • We... actually, I... was thinking about adopting a few wild horses from out west where they have too many.
  • Might you go too, Alfonso?
  • She had to move a few things to make room, but that wasn't too hard.

  • You've been to Australia, haven't you?
  • She shook her head to clear it.
  • My daughter is coming for me to take me there.
  • Her heart was starting to flutter.
  • They have got to live a man's life, pushing all these things before them, and get on as well as they can.

Comments



Font Size
+
16
-
lines height
+
2
-